David Michael Chavez, an El Paso native, joined Gilstrap & Associates, P.C. in 2010 as a law clerk and became an Associate Attorney in 2014 after graduating from South Texas College of Law and passing the Texas and New Mexico bar exams. Prior to joining the firm as an Associate in 2014, Mr. Chavez worked at the Harris County Attorney’s Office in Houston, Texas directly under the First Assistant and the Chief of Staff and interned at the 129th Harris County Civil District Court under the Honorable Judge Michael Gomez.
Mr. Chavez has experience representing clients in a variety of legal matters including: personal injury, probate, breach of contract, debt collection, business litigation, and general civil litigation matters.
Mr. Chavez earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas where he participated in mock trial and was a member of the Hispanic Law Society. Mr. Chavez was born and raised in El Paso and received his undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University.
Areas of Practice:
- Product Liability
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Child Molestation & Sexual Abuse
- Commercial/Business Disputes
- General Civil Law & Probate Lawyers
- Truck Accidents
- New Mexico
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, Doctor of Jurisprudence (2013)
- Honors & Activities: Dean’s Honors List, Hispanic Law Society, Sports & Entertainment Law Society, American Legion Scholarship Recipient
- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico, Bachelor of Arts, Journalism; Supplementary Major, Law & Society, (December 2009, with Honors)
- Honors & Activities: Dean’s List, Crimson Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- El Paso Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico